Monday, July 1, 2013

How things change suddenly

How things have changed since my last post. I designed a card for my mother for Mother's Day and unfortunately it was the last one I spent with my mom. She had a massive stroke at the end of May and died a few days later in June. We will all miss her very much because she was a very special woman. Her last day was spent in hospice. They provided a massage therapist who massaged her arms and shoulders followed by a music therapist who brought her guitar and sang all my mother's favorite songs at her bedside. A chaplain followed and our family prayed a prayer of Thanksgiving for a life well spent. There were wonderful, compassionate nurses and doctors who took care of her. I made thank you note cards which I sent to the doctors and nurses who took care of her during her brief stay in the hospital.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your mother! You have made a lovely card for her caregivers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your mom. It must be such a hard time for you. I hope you are able to enjoy crafting and blogging again. It was sweet of you to make a card for her caregivers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for the loss of your mum, Barb. It sounds like she had a meaningful life and a (relatively) peaceful passing, surrounded by those she loved.
    Thanks for your comment on my post for the Holiday Card Workshop. I hope creating for others helps get your mojo going again. Creativity is good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I appreciate your caring thoughts. It's been hard getting back into the creative mood. I'm going to get started on my Christmas cards with the ideas gathered from the online class. Take care.

      Delete